Saturday, April 16, 2005

What a Ride this Week!

My emotions have ranged from frustration, to fear and finally to relief and excitment. Huh you don't get those comments?? Let me unpack it for you. I am in the process of seeing a new type of church emerge. I have this huge grandios vision and i feel called to walk it out as M Zane would say to me. Crap the realization has happened to me I am a church planter about to plant a new work in downtown Kitchener.

Frustration because of I ahve to spend so much energy to justify to others that what bec and me are about to do is really of God. I pastor in a church now, I am not a newbie, have been pastoring 9 years in formal ministry. Even went to Bible college. I am a licnesed minsiter to be ordained as a reverend in about 1 month so you would think that people are somewhat supportive of my judgenment and think we are somewhat credible but Naaaah! There are those who are still holding out to decide if whatI am doing is even God honoring and right. Have I crossed the line into sin and watered down chrisitanity they ask? We are trying to rediscover our own expression of faith that is all. Not to change the the basics but to get rid of the religious preferences that are sometimes held up a christian. We want to be christ to those who don't know him in their space. We want To bring church to them and help them see that God is drawing them to Him.

Sounds like a missionary and evangelsit at heart to me eh!! But yet I have to spend enormous amounts of energy to get some beleivers to get it!!!

The Fear....crap what if's can kill you eh. Man the enemy trashes you withthe what if's in life. If I give in I could become immobolized by it all and quit. Nope that is just what he wants of me. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. The spirit of the lord is upon us to preach the good news.

The releif and excitemnt....this theatre we are looking to lease is amazing and will totallly fit the plan god has given us, from the music gigs to theatre to community activities. The lease holders are not beleivers as far as we know. They know we are a church and what we are about. They are totally for us. Cutting us deals, free rent, advertising, networking with resources. They want to see what we are doing happen. They even turned down a company that was going to pay $10.00 more per square foot because they want us. No doubt that God has his hand on this place and wants us to be there for them as well.

There are moments when I see their enthusiasm as far greater than the body of Christ when it comes to taking risks and doing things differently. They have been a huge support God. The relief came when they said we want you and we know that you are frusterated with the poitics it takes for you to get a co-signer. Relax Rob the place is yours. This has been after 3 months of talking about the place and meeting 4 times with their team.

God I don't get this whole journey but man I will hold on for the ride. I am pumped and can't wait to hear from you and express to you in different and creative ways. I long to see poeple who don't know you recognize you and embrace you. Pelase let me be apart of that kind of greatness.

I am home alone for the first time with Linc this weekend. Bec has a gig in chatham with the band. Will miss her, but having some awesome quailitytime with my son(he is asleep right now and that is quality) and wings Up baby. Slightly sloppy, breaded, extra hot BBQ. Can't wait for dinner. Peace baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, there are so many artists out there playing their music in bars and clubs and they don't fit in a church but they are Christians. I think if you're having to explain what you are trying to do over and over again you are certainly on the right track. It's time for something different and change isn't always understood until after it's been there for a while. Just do it!

8:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home